12 December 2011

Disguise

The sun was shinning though it hid behind the clouds.
It left a dark shadow upon us, weighing us down every movement we made. 
A shadow which many have hanging over them and yet so many don't understand.
We held hands and began to grip our way through, sometimes even seeing sunshine and sharing a true laugh or two. But the clouds got darker and became thicker among us, and slowly drifted us apart.
I saw you moving towards the sun and as I had your promise you gave to me, so close to my heart, no fear got in its way.
But I was so blind, so naive and so stupid to not see the words you told me were only a disguise. That same disguise I'd always used. 
And when you left the sun went with you and those dark clouds surrounded me as the storms began to come. The earth I stood on began to crumble and I started to fall and spiral into that lonely, dark pit. The rain showered down on me, ever drop a reminder of my stupidity and because of it your gone...

No comments:

Post a Comment