30 November 2010

I Will Be The Best I Can Be For Them

It's pretty hard to identify whether people are friends with you for what you have or who you are. But when you live through hell and lose everything, leaving you with nothing left to give. When the bank runs dry, the jokes disappear, there's no energy and you're generally furthest from yourself than you have ever been.... That is when you can truly identify those true friends that are with you for you, not for what you have. They are the people that love you no matter what you go through. They care for you and drop almost anything just to keep you happy. These friends are extremely rare, but when found, it is like finding gold! When you find one of these rare friends it is very important to: 1. Forgive them when they make mistakes, because even the most amazing people do have their times when they fall. Never hold grudges against these kinds of friends, because truth is they'll probably never hold a grudge against you. 2. Help them through everything! Little, big and in between. Just listening is sometimes the most powerful tool. People want to feel as if what they say matters and true friends need to feel like they matter! 3. Show them as much appreciation as you can, be grateful for everything and anything they do for you... no matter how small. 4. Lastly never ever let this friend go, like I said before they are very rare and aren't replaceable! So hold onto them tightly and treasure their friendship with your life.
Thankfully I can say that I have found some truly amazing friends, friends that have stuck with me when I actually had nothing at all and changed into someone I didn't even know. Thing is, they didn't just stick with me, but they loved me and supported me in ways I can't comprehend. For these friends I would give them the world and do absolutely anything for them. They deserve the best and I am far from the best, but I will do all I can to be the best I can be for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment